FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Francine's Friendly Froma

I'm late in finding Froma, but better late than never...It's Francine Diamond's wonderful little gourmet market and kitchen in a central shopping location on Melrose near Fairfax.The menu includes breakfast, crostinis, soups, salads, paninis and some desserts.
The crostini can be topped with spreads like chestnut honey robiola, sun-dried tomato chutney, prosciutto speck, salmone marinto and a long list of other delicious choices.
I had the Bellwether fromage blanc, horseradish blue crab and duck mousse basquaise.I sat at the small bar facing one of Melrose's top lingerie shops and Argentine restaurants, drank my wine and thoroughly enjoyed me food.
As a special treat, Froma sells Ostrich eggs. If you ever need that eight-egg-omelet but don't want to bother with all those small shells...Froma sells specialty oils, mustards, cheeses, sauces, spices and wines in addition to
a unique find,El Bulli'sTexturas. These are the components of molecular gastromist Ferran Adria's kitchen, which include everything you need for Emulsificacion, Sferication, Gelificacion and Espesantes. I'm not quite at that level with my cooking but for those who are, get your Agar and Gellan at Froma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home