FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Which Sandwich?

There's a common gripe that LA, for all its variety, doesn't offer a lot of good sandwiches. Burgers, yes. Hot dogs, maybe. Bahn mi, perhaps. But with all the possibilities it seems odd that there aren't more amazing sandwiches. So this will be the inspiration for the sandwich food marathon:

Clementine
"Roast Beef Caliente: In-house roasted top round thinly sliced then grilled with avocado, red onions, pickled jalapenos, lettuce and mayo on toasted rustic bread”

Joey’s Smokin’ BBQ
“Brisket sandwich - generously sized, I love their sauce, also not too fatty”

Artisan Cheese Gallery
“Duck Confit - Duck, fig spread, yummy cheese, pressed on a ciabbatta”

Throw in Bay Cities, maybe Stuffed Sandwich and it has the makings for a very filling food marathon...

2 Comments:

At 7:55 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

I'm not a sandwich person but I'd have to say the Clementine sandwich sounds really good. I was sold as soon as I saw: grilled avocado :)

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Food Marathon said...

Avocado in any form is pretty good with me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home