FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Finally La Buca

After many years I finally made it to La Buca for dinner. It lived up to expectation; a small, homey dining room, gregarious Italian waiters and waitresses, mama in back cooking up handmade pastas/sauces and the moistest tiramisu that one could ask for.


We started with Burrata- fresh creamy mozzarella served with arugula, cherry tomatoes and Italian cuts.
Tagliatelle alla Bolognese- traditional meat sauce with veal, pork and sausage

Gnocchi alla Boscaiola- cream sauce with peas, mushrooms and ham

Tiramisu

3 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger AK said...

Mmm...I loved La Buca. Such a cozy little place. How was the gnocchi? I'm a sucker for bolognese. I hope you took advantage of the no corkage fee!?! We haven't been in a while, do they still have that?

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Food Marathon said...

The gnocchi was delicious. Very rich. We didn't bring wine and doubley paid the price because I wasn't impressed with my wine selection.

 
At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have eaten at LaBuca many, many times. In all of my travels, it consistently ranks as one of the most authentic Italian restaurants I have ever neen to in this country or Europe. The pasta's are amazing. Mama (the chef) has her own flour flown in from her native Italy. She does not speak much English, but she speaks to us all with her mastery of Italian cusine. I have never had a bad dish at LaBuca. They are about to expand into larger space next door, so reservations (which are a must) will be much easier to come by. Do not miss this great LA food find!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home