FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Watch the Pain

Came across these two videos from a duo called Local Frequencies.
The focus is on Little Tokyo's Orochon Ramen, home of the eat-at-your-own-risk spiciest bowl of ramen.
I've been eating a lot of spicy food lately. Although my tolerance is growing, I'm definitely still weak when it comes to the hotter end of the spectrum.
The video seems to prove something that I've been noticing over the past few months (and feel free to refute). Mexican salsas (especially the greenish orange habanero-based sauce from Chichen Itza) are much more painful than their Thai or Chinese equivalents.

2 Comments:

At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find that the spiciness factor can go both ways. in my experience the spicier fare is always found in asian cuisine.

in any case, im not one for crazy spicy food - I hate it when my taste buds are dulled.

That said, I have a heavy hand with the red pepper flakes. I find they go with virtually anything...especially vanilla ice cream ;)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Food Marathon said...

I think I'm gonna have to travel the world to make an educated decision. Donations are welcome...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home