FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Vics


"What the hell am I doing drinking in L.A. at 26?

...I know that life is for the taking, so I better wise up, and take it quick.
Yeah, one more time at Trader Vic's."
-'Drinking in L.A.' by Bran Van 3000

There's been a lot of talk about Trader Vics lately, so I thought I'd throw in my thoughts. Alfin, one of my favorite bartenders in the city, has been making me terrificly strong mai-tais for years. Despite the high prices, I've had many fun nights at Vics and would hate to see LA without. Also, it's immortalized in Bran Van 3000's ode to LA.

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger jiji said...

have u ever watched that reality show girls next door? hef and the playmates went to trader vics in last nights episode. yeah, quality tv.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Food Marathon said...

Never seen the show but whenever Hef and I go out with the playmates we go to Vics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home