FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mao's Misses

Tried Mao's Kitchen on Monday and was disappointed. It was empty yet service was slow. The food was fine- inexpensive for the large portions- but nothing more than slightly healthier Chinese take-out. The ginger ale was the best thing I had, made with real ginger.
The outdoor seating and large space would better serve as a bar than a restaurant.
The ginger ale was phenomenal.
The soup was packed with ingredients, one of the thickest I've had. It wasn't bad...
The pork baozi (a special) were served ten minutes after the other food because the steamer broke.
The meat was bland and mealy.
As it's brand new I'll still give it another shot. I'll order something they can't mess up, like noodles or rice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home