The K-Town Food Marathon
This food marathon was extraordinary for many reasons:
a. It was lead by Matt and Christine who not only told us where to eat, but what to eat and how to eat it.
b. Two of LA's best food bloggers (Food GPS and Dig Lounge) rounded out the table with creative food commentary.
c. It was the first marathon where alcohol was involved- sorry Crown Royal, only beer this time.
d. As the other bloggers are gonna write intelligent exposés with vivid photographs I decided to do a pop quiz, so get your #2 pencils ready:
1. Which of these sweeping generalizations is NOT true:
a. The food marathon is actually a Korean concept (Koreans often eat at many establishments per night)
b. Koreans hate pork.
c. Valet in Koreatown rarely costs more than $2.
d. Portions in Koreatown are always twice as big as necessary, and half as expensive.
2. Bizzare Foods was filmed at which marathon stop:
a. Western Soondae
b. Hite Kwang-Jang
c. The Prince
d. Honey Pig
3. What pork product was NOT eaten on the marathon:
a. Belly of the pig that lives under the outhouse
4. Boiled peanuts taste like:
c. Garbanzo beans
d. Sweet potato
5. The best chicken wings in LA are from:
b. Hite Kwang Ja
Highlight the following text for answers:
1. b. I might be Korean too, as I was in pork heaven.
2. a. Western Soondae
3. d. Ribs are so pedestrian.
4. c. however I actually like garbanzo beans.
5. Cannot be determined until the upcoming Chicken Wing Food Marathon.