FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Monday, July 07, 2008

No Brits Allowed

I spent the 4th of July without any British people. By the 5th they were back, but at least I had one day of freedom.
Starters were plentiful, including a delicious anitpasto plate overflowing with vegetables and meat (and a delicious jalapeno or two).Artichokes,a salad with toasted almonds, strawberries and cheese,and corn on the cob (of course).
Salmon two ways:
one with smoky wood chips and cumin,
the other with rosemary and lemon.
Meat two ways: sliced tri-tip,
and requisite hot dogs.
More Americana in the form of mac and cheese,
apple pie (with blackberries),
and a healthy bite of fruit for dessert.
Unphotographed items included homemade cream soda, chips, salsa, and double stuffed Oreo cookies. It was a gourmet meal that required several trips to and from the pool.

5 Comments:

At 4:28 PM, Blogger mattatouille said...

ah, did you upgrade your camera? the photos look great!

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Food Marathon said...

As much I would love to take credit, those aren't my pictures. A professional took those...

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Bill said...

Dang I missed out ;-)

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Cynthia said...

Well you had quite a celebration didn't you!

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger My Shimoda said...

wow amazing. yeah, keep the Brits out. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home