FOOD MARATHON

...the only type of marathon I will ever run.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Hot and Chili

On this blazing hot Labor Day I had no intention of joining the un-air-conditioned masses as they fled westbound towards the slightly cooler oceanfront climate. Instead I satisfied a year-long hunger for chili at Carney's.
Having grown up eating in the Studio City-based train, I have a nostalgic place in my heart and little room in my arteries for Carney's.The orange sheen is the sign of excellence in their chili. It means it's oily and salty and perfect. I realize it's not the best chili in LA, but, like Henry's Tacos, it satisfies a carnal desire I often have for gluttonous indulgence.
The messy burgers and grease-drowned fries hit the spot. Our hands smelled like onions for the next twelve hours.You can keep your 100+ degree Labor Day BBQ's- I'm perfectly happy in the train.

4 Comments:

At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my hands still smell like onions.

 
At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks awesome! any cheese with that chili? how was that burger?

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger jiji said...

is that better than a shake shack burger?

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Food Marathon said...

I'd say that the shack has a better burger, as Carney's is really known for the chili. I'm happy to do a side-by-side test if you'd like to FedEx me a shack burger.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home